Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navyfield - Dominate the high Seas of WW II Bronies!

4 posters

Go down

Navyfield - Dominate the high Seas of WW II Bronies! Empty Navyfield - Dominate the high Seas of WW II Bronies!

Post by Octavia Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:48 pm

WARNING: TL;DR IMMINENT!

Hey everypony!

Maybe I'll get lucky in asking this (the chances are in the neighborhood of 0%), but who here plays Navyfield? Now who doesn't play Navyfield and would like to join me in doing so?

Navyfield is a one of a kind mmo game where each player commands a navy ship, everywhere from the humble frigate to the mighty battleships and carriers and the sneaky submarines, from a third person view and fights on one of two teams (usually Alpha vs. Bravo, though Axis vs. Allies and Fleet vs. Fleet are not uncommon). It requires teamwork and massive amounts of skill (There is little to no luck at all except who you get stuck with on your team).

Check out the game at www.navyfield.com

Ships are diverse and relatively balanced with a huge list to choose from. Each nation has a unique ship line that branches off to 2 different BB (Battleship), 1 SS (Submarine), one CV (Carrier), and one unique line that is usually low level support ships for special harbor assault tasks.The nations are UK, US, KM (Germany), IJN (Japan), MN (France), and whatever Russia's designation is. It's set in WW II and every nation has its advantages and disadvantages - e.g., German artillery has massive range and incredible accuracy, but the shells may as well be marshmallows against the broadside of UK Hull armor (which is thick and tough as all hell in comparison to other nation's armor).

There are several game modes, but most common are Blitzkrieg (short fast pace battles between low level ships from frigate to lowest level battleship), Great Battle I (original beat the shit out of each other game), Great Battle II (Defend your flagship while attempting to sink the opponent's) and Harbor Assault (Fleet vs. Fleet attempting to gain control of one of the nations harbors).

I strongly suggest this game to history buffs as all the ships are historically accurate, but it requires a sizable amount of skill. One can't just join this game and jump to the top of the server in a month - the learning curve is not that generous. One may jump in and think its relatively easy using the basic navigation controls and auto aiming (click and guns point in that direction), but one has to use the advanced controls to have any hope of having any accuracy at higher levels. That means manually turning the ships guns and changing the angles of the guns - a pain in the ass as one has to learn the unique angles of each gun to have any hope at all of shooting in the same neighborhood of ships that are several miles away.

It should also be noted that you are forced to start as an FF (frigate) and it takes significant skill or power leveling to reach the lowest level battleship/carrier/submarine, or else it will take up to three weeks. You have to earn that ship, or else there would be a bunch of idiots sailing in Super Yamato battleships - that would just be stupid.

So anyways, I've been rambling for a while now and I think most people will just say TL;DR, but I want more MLP m8s to join this game so I don't have to be the only brony sailing the seas. I've been playing this for about 3 years, so I have experience in every corner of the game and am nearing max level on my first crew and have several other high level crews and even a few Japanese carrier pilots that I could donate to anypony who joins up first
with me. I also wouldn't mind kicking off a brony only squadron, or even a whole fleet if we get a sizable amount of people someday.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Arvena
Sex: Female
Species: Nord

Back to top Go down

Navyfield - Dominate the high Seas of WW II Bronies! Empty Re: Navyfield - Dominate the high Seas of WW II Bronies!

Post by Octavia Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 pm

JUST REMEMBERED - I didn't realize this earlier, but if I send you an invitation to the game via my account to your email, you'll receive a 2 week time period of premium account, basically meaning you get bonus xp and money for being a special pony and one of the ships that requires real life money. (I get one too, but that's besides the point. so tell me if you want in so I can get bonus loot.)
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Arvena
Sex: Female
Species: Nord

Back to top Go down

Navyfield - Dominate the high Seas of WW II Bronies! Empty Re: Navyfield - Dominate the high Seas of WW II Bronies!

Post by dodgemoe Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:00 pm

me i play!!! navyfield!

i always play this game..

if you want to add me.. my nick is (dodgemoe1) on game..

im playing on kaiser server

dodgemoe
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by (MLP)Fluttershy- Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Hello Octavia,
I was looking around on google for Bronies that play NavyField, and found this. 2 replies? Cmon now my fellow bronies!

Anyway, I've played NavyField for 5 years, way before i became part of the MLP Fandom

My IGN is DevilFreak add me! and join my fleet Steel Dragons.

Here is what i have for ships

United States BB6 (Nebraska)
United Kingdom BB6 (Queen Victoria)
Germany CV5 (PCV.Hindenburg w/ CV6 Crew)
Japan (KitaKami)
French CV4 (Bomberwhore w/ Elite CV5 Crew)

Anyway Add meh! and whisper me in game so that i know you did!
Thanks.

(MLP)Fluttershy-
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm afraid that Octavia is long gone, it has been a year since this was posted.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down