Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion]

+4
Icy Shake
Formis_Fluttergod
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
8 posters

Go down

S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion] Empty S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion]

Post by Katarn Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Episode in one picture:

Your thoughts on this episode?  Spike

HD for thoes who need it:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion] Empty Re: S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion]

Post by Downloaded Skill Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:26 pm

I gotta say this isn't exactly what I expected. I know Rainbow dash is going to catch so much shit for this episode, but considering this show likes to put its characters through the wringer it was about time for Rainbow Dash to go insane. Considering the very strong parallels to someone having to deal with their pet dying and Rainbow's need for companionship / fear of abandonment it seem pretty plausible to me that this would leave her griefstriken and therefore not in the best state of mind. It amplified her selfish and abrasive traits.

This episode was a little lighter on the comedy side, but I think it worked well enough considering the subject matter.

I also have to say I really, really appreciate how well rounded Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are in this season. Fluttershy is still soft spoken and gentle, but she doesn't take shit and knows when to she needs to lay down the law. Pinkie Pie actually seems like a legitimate character now instead of "look at this crazy shit I do" comic relief. 

It was a good episode, but wasn't amazing. Season 5 is off to a pretty solid start in my opinion. I've liked every episode.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion] Empty Re: S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion]

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Awww, I wanted to do the GoT reference.

Anyway, we got the first purely RD song if I'm not mistaken and it was a good one, so that's a plus. Rainbow Dash

What I'm wondering at this point (more like hoping for Spike) is whether we're gonna get a bunch of winter episodes which could slightly stress the implications from this episode and then possibly another Winter Wrap Up-esque episode where Tank wakes up again. I'd like the subtle continuous story in the background.

EDIT: I haven't seen any possibly leaked/released episode titles and synopses, so if this is not gonna happen I don't know and don't want to know, let me live in my illusion of hope a little longer. Applebloom
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:44 pm

I thought the episode was very good, and agree on Fluttershy and Pinkie. Pinkie was, at times, still too much for me, but much closer than for a while. However, I think that the episode in a nutshell wasn't the GoT reference, but this one:
S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion] Dash_g10
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Ah, so we have a demonstration that not only is Cloudsdale potentially mobile, it is actively mobile, at least at certain times of year!

And a Who's On First reference.  :)

...Um.  I think that Dash will probably be glad that she's got some immunity from being a Bearer.  Because otherwise, the next Rainbow episode would probably be something along the lines of "Rainbow Dash Goes to Prison".  Because I'm kind of guessing that that "sabotage of a vital national facility located in a major population center", causing who knows how much damage both local (certainly, a lot of weather workers were probably in overtime for a while) and across the country is not something that most ponies would get just a slap on the fetlock for.

Still, overall not bad, I thought.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:39 am

The face... honestly, I missed out about half of it due to my family needing me halfway through the episode. So I missed the song and the factory scene....

I'll try and catch up on what happened soon... XP
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:08 am

Episode Relevent:
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:55 am

Icy Shake wrote:I thought the episode was very good, and agree on Fluttershy and Pinkie. Pinkie was, at times, still too much for me, but much closer than for a while. However, I think that the episode in a nutshell wasn't the GoT reference, but this one:
S5 Episode 5 - Tanks for the memories [Discussion] Dash_g10

I shall never forget that face...
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:23 am

- Grinchface
- GoT reference
- Who's On First routine
- Cloudsdale confirmed actively mobile
- "Applejack cries on the inside" (speaking of which: relevant)
- more examples of Cloudsdale architecture (seriously, when was the last time the show was actually in Cloudsdale? Sonic Rainboom?)

Yeah, it was a fairly good episode. I didn't go in with very high expectations, though. Initial premise didn't really hook me in.

Dash was seriously a jerk at some points, though. And I couldn't help but cringe the entire time as she was sabotaging winter (y'know, something the whole of nature needs to happen), and even more when she went in and practically destroyed the weather machine in Cloudsdale. That's city property for christssake.

O. Hinds wrote:...Um.  I think that Dash will probably be glad that she's got some immunity from being a Bearer.  Because otherwise, the next Rainbow episode would probably be something along the lines of "Rainbow Dash Goes to Prison".  Because I'm kind of guessing that that "sabotage of a vital national facility located in a major population center", causing who knows how much damage both local (certainly, a lot of weather workers were probably in overtime for a while) and across the country is not something that most ponies would get just a slap on the fetlock for.

Pretty much this.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:38 am

RoboRed wrote:- Grinchface
- GoT reference
- Who's On First routine
- Cloudsdale confirmed actively mobile
- "Applejack cries on the inside" (speaking of which: relevant)
- more examples of Cloudsdale architecture (seriously, when was the last time the show was actually in Cloudsdale? Sonic Rainboom?)

Yeah, it was a fairly good episode. I didn't go in with very high expectations, though. Initial premise didn't really hook me in.

Dash was seriously a jerk at some points, though. And I couldn't help but cringe the entire time as she was sabotaging winter (y'know, something the whole of nature needs to happen), and even more when she went in and practically destroyed the weather machine in Cloudsdale. That's city property for christssake.

O. Hinds wrote:...Um.  I think that Dash will probably be glad that she's got some immunity from being a Bearer.  Because otherwise, the next Rainbow episode would probably be something along the lines of "Rainbow Dash Goes to Prison".  Because I'm kind of guessing that that "sabotage of a vital national facility located in a major population center", causing who knows how much damage both local (certainly, a lot of weather workers were probably in overtime for a while) and across the country is not something that most ponies would get just a slap on the fetlock for.

Also, we have an approximate time frame of a pony's year!

RD got Tank in Season 2 Ep7, November 19 2011. And today/yesterday, April 25 2015. She says that it's the first year that they've been together. Since Fall Weather Friend aired on Jan 28 2011, it would make a bit of sense... So yeah, some quick typing.. Gotta dash off now..
Pretty much this.
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:57 pm

RoboRed wrote:- "Applejack cries on the inside" (speaking of which: relevant)
Ah, good point.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Hooves Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:09 am

I really loved this episode!  Its always awesome for me when I get to see cloudsdale with it's cool architecture.  It brings me back to when Hercules was one of my favorite movies.
I feel like Rainbow Dash has had the most character development by far in this show an I am fine with that.
I was hoping for an episode where Big Mac and Spike bro out though, maybe with a special background pony too Roid Rage .  Still gonna keep that one on my christmas list. 
also, Im gonna just leave this here:
Winter Tortoise :

I really am upset irl this season.  I was going to watch the episodes with my college friend who is also a brony, but he decided to wait until the end of the season so he didnt have to wait between episodes. 
 Selfish!  Scootaloo
Rusty Hooves
Rusty Hooves
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 4
Location : Illinois/ Indiana, America (depending on if Im on college break)

Character List:
Name: Raucous 'Rusty' Hearthstone
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:38 am

Rusty Hooves wrote:I really loved this episode!  Its always awesome for me when I get to see cloudsdale with it's cool architecture.  It brings me back to when Hercules was one of my favorite movies.
I feel like Rainbow Dash has had the most character development by far in this show an I am fine with that.
I was hoping for an episode where Big Mac and Spike bro out though, maybe with a special background pony too Roid Rage .  Still gonna keep that one on my christmas list. 
also, Im gonna just leave this here:
Winter Tortoise :

I really am upset irl this season.  I was going to watch the episodes with my college friend who is also a brony, but he decided to wait until the end of the season so he didnt have to wait between episodes. 
 Selfish!  Scootaloo

This is so cute Rainbow Dash clapping
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Spoiler:

Patrolling Ponyville almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

(I had to say it....)
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down