Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:08 pm

It was a response to you and your opinion.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:20 pm

What is the world coming to when I post things that people can agree with.

Heh...

Whatever happened to the good old days when we could make and play games without pissing someone off?

And then this showed up on my Facebook:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I read that as "Risk of Pain". Heh.

But yeah, I dunno. If no one else want it, okay. Not sure I'll play it, tho.
Bleep. This should work. And if it doesn't, then this one might.

Mister Frost wrote:Hey, I'll take some free stuff.

Scienza wrote:
I'm going to be honest, I tried to grab it but the link freaked out on me and I just assumed that somebody had already claimed it.
Boop. Hopefully this link does not freak out. Should work three times.

Vinylshadow wrote:....sucking blood is now akin to rape?

Feminists are a very special kind of stupid
Having not seen the video, I should note that vampirism-as-sex was 100% definitely in Dracula and Carmilla. It was portrayed as somewhere between rape and seduction in the former (and, this being the 19th century, the line between the two was kinda blurry), and as, well, lesbianism in the latter (possibly shown in a positive light, actually). This might be the perspective the video's coming from; however, both those works were written in a time when blood kind of stood in for semen in books. "Vital fluids" and whatnot, source of "strength," coupled with lots of talking around sex while being obsessed with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:I read that as "Risk of Pain". Heh.

But yeah, I dunno. If no one else want it, okay. Not sure I'll play it, tho.
Bleep. This should work.
And claimed, thanks!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Having not seen the video, I should note that vampirism-as-sex was 100% definitely in Dracula and Carmilla. It was portrayed as somewhere between rape and seduction in the former (and, this being the 19th century, the line between the two was kinda blurry), and as, well, lesbianism in the latter (possibly shown in a positive light, actually). This might be the perspective the video's coming from; however, both those works were written in a time when blood kind of stood in for semen in books. "Vital fluids" and whatnot, source of "strength," coupled with lots of talking around sex while being obsessed with it.

You should watch the video. While the person who made the video does talk about what Vampires are in the opening and how we view them as a society, it's not really about that. It's about a woman who wrote an article of a scene she saw in a preview of a game in which dracula kills a father and sucks the mother's blood in front of their child. And that in and of itself in the mind of the person writing the article is a rape scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Well, I finally caved and bought myself the Humble Bundle, since hopefully Saint's Row 4 among the other games will counteract my unique ability to become bored with absolutely anything.

Anydick, Three copies of Insurgency left
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:36 pm

truth:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:13 am

Just watched Inception, that movie made a lot more sense than I've heard it's supposed to.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:15 am

Made sense to me when I watched it, too. I'm inclined to think a lot of the people saying it was "confusing" or "mind screwy" were just not paying attention or kinda retarded.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:18 am

Mister Frost wrote:Made sense to me when I watched it, too. I'm inclined to think a lot of the people saying it was "confusing" or "mind screwy" were just not paying attention or kinda retarded.
The only really mind screw-ie moment was at the end
Spoiler:
Maybe it's my habit of immediately going on TV tropes after watching something that clears up my confusion before I even get confused.
Or it's equally possible (and most likely true) that the general movie watching public are idiots.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:54 am

swicked wrote:It's been a while since I saw it, but I remember being confused as to why they couldn't bring his kids to him.
He couldn't enter the country, but why couldn't they leave?

There was also the fact that they were so limited in how they could fight back within a dream where anything is possible and the defenders were already attacking them and the dreamer was distracted or unconscious withing unconsciousness. Attack by defenders being the stated reason why they shouldn't do the impossible.
But no, they stuck with guns because it's a movie and a plot hole.
For the first point I'd say that he wanted a stable life with them, remember he was always on the move and often being hunted down. Not exactly the kinda life he wanted for his two young kids. Plus, I'm pretty sure the job that got him so much heat was right around Mal's death, the one with the unsuccessful Mr. Charles's gambit.

As for the second one, I think using impossible stuff would just intensify the reaction of the defenders, but yeah they could have thrown in a lot more Sci-fi and fantasy and used the 'anything's possible in a dream' hand wave. But that also brings up the point of 'we know how guns and real life work, not so much a fantasy world', so yes if I actually had this job I'd probably stick to more practical settings and tech too.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:14 am

This makes me like the fandom a bit more.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:17 am

Ironmonger wrote:This makes me like the fandom a bit more.
Yeah, whenever you try to leave this fandom, you find something awesome that restores your interest/faith in it. (Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:29 am

Stringtheory wrote:Yeah, whenever you try to leave this fandom, you find something awesome that restores your interest/faith in it. (Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.)

Honestly, I'm not even a part of the main fandom anymore. I don't watch the show or read fics lately. The main thing keeping me in the community is the fact that I still have an Fo:E story to write.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:35 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:Yeah, whenever you try to leave this fandom, you find something awesome that restores your interest/faith in it. (Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.)

Honestly, I'm not even a part of the main faindom anymore. I don't watch the show or read fics anymore. The main thing keeping me in the community is the fact that I still have an Fo:E story to write.
I look at the daily drawfriend and updates from the artists I watch, though I've pretty much given up on picking up new fanfics. I'll give season 5 a try but I'd probably drop it if it isn't amazing.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:48 am

Stringtheory wrote:I look at the daily drawfriend and updates from the artists I watch, though I've pretty much given up on picking up new fanfics. I'll give season 5 a try but I'd probably drop it if it isn't amazing.

I probably should get back into the show, if only for the sake of drawing inspiration for plot elements and world-building. My work is already relatively far-fetched; I may as well have some sort of canonical basis to ward off neigh-sayers.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:55 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:I look at the daily drawfriend and updates from the artists I watch, though I've pretty much given up on picking up new fanfics. I'll give season 5 a try but I'd probably drop it if it isn't amazing.

I probably should get back into the show, if only for the sake of drawing inspiration for plot elements and world-building. My work is already relatively far-fetched; I may as well have some sort of canonical basis to ward off neigh-sayers.
From what little I remember of your world-building, I remember having 'why haven't we heard of them' moments far too often. Though I do that every time someone mentions another pony nation and it's set near/during the show and isn't an AU.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:02 am

Stringtheory wrote:From what little I remember of your world-building, I remember having 'why haven't we heard of them' moments far too often. Though I do that every time someone mentions another pony nation and it's set near/during the show and isn't an AU.

I've scrapped most of what I had originally written, but the city the main cast went to will be appearing in the third and last book, albeit under a new name and with a major overhaul. Most of the series is going to take place in Imperial Germaneigh and its annexed territories.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:09 am

On a completely different note, this background song from Fate/Zero is fucking amazing:
The Battle Is To The Strong:
For some reason I really like chanting in languages I don't understand...
Also, I highly recommend the show it's from, Fate/Zero, it's one of the few anime I'd feel comfortable calling 'mature' (basically zero fanservice, everyone is competent, goes into detail about some fairly deep philosophical concepts without becoming unintelligible).
I will have to include the asterisk that it is a prequel and thus the first episode is basically a 40 minute info dump that is best summed up with 'go "play" Fate/Stay Night'. Therefore, huge plot points from the original Visual Novel are spoiled right off the bat and stuff about the world is accepted as common knowledge, so you might be confused at a few points if this is your entry point to the series.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:15 am

There's only nine episodes in Season 4 that really matter

Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 1
Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 2
Rarity Takes Manehatten
Rainbow Falls
Pinkie Pride
It Ain't Easy Being Breezies
Leap of Faith
Twilight's Kingdom Part 1
Twilight's Kingdom Part 2

That's not to say the other episodes aren't just as interesting, but that's not for me to decide

Season 5 Spoilers:

So I'm looking forward to it

*yoinks copy of Insurgency*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:25 pm

More feminist fun:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:45 pm

I'm not sure if these people even believe the articles they write, You could assume they're click baiting. But again it's hard to tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIVhMwqwqdo

Kind of reminds me of the first story in this video.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Not gonna lie, TJ looks good with long hair and a beard
So does Smooth McGroove

Anywho...

*makes incoherent sounds akin to strangling baby seals*

Vinylshadow wrote:Feminists are a very special kind of stupid.

I can't put it any other way, the sheer close-minded (Conservative?) mindset of these kinds of people...arrrrrgh...

They make less sense than I do:

Still, if I'm ever in need of a quick laugh, I know I'll always have a good supply wherever they are concerned
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Stringtheory wrote:On a completely different note, this background song from Fate/Zero is fucking amazing:
Also, I highly recommend the show it's from, Fate/Zero, it's one of the few anime I'd feel comfortable calling 'mature' (basically zero fanservice, everyone is competent, goes into detail about some fairly deep philosophical concepts without becoming unintelligible).
I will have to include the asterisk that it is a prequel and thus the first episode is basically a 40 minute info dump that is best summed up with 'go "play" Fate/Stay Night'. Therefore, huge plot points from the original Visual Novel are spoiled right off the bat and stuff about the world is accepted as common knowledge, so you might be confused at a few points if this is your entry point to the series.

I've watched the series myself. It's pretty damn good, the show has a fetish for kicking the shit out of the guy you'd assume is the main character in the first episode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Last wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:On a completely different note, this background song from Fate/Zero is fucking amazing:

I've watched the series myself. It's pretty damn good, the show has a fetish for kicking the shit out of the guy you'd assume is the main character in the first episode.
Who? Kariya or Kiritsugu?
Spoiler:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:52 pm

I have no idea, I just can't remember japanese names.

fate/zero spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Last wrote:I have no idea, I just can't remember japanese names.

fate/zero spoiler:
Spoiler:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Also, on another Fate/Zero note, I'd totally watch an entire show where the main special effect is
Spoiler:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:37 pm

A final note on the Sarkeesian bullshit:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next