Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoE: Meadow's Ford

+7
StoneSlinger88
Moodyman90
Aonee
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
11 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

FoE: Meadow's Ford - Page 17 Empty Re: FoE: Meadow's Ford

Post by Cptadder Fri May 09, 2014 8:02 pm

So Tyler is at work, and Aonee got a suprise trip to Disneyland so no session again this week
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 10, 2014 2:13 am

i was at work tonight, sorry dude
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat May 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Session 18:Directive One

The Players (PC)
Aonee as Akapesh (Zebra Alchemist)
AdmiralStoicRum as Back Draft (Dashite Pegasus)
OneMoreDaySK as Alouette (Mute Unicorn Musician)
Obs as Flashpoint (Anti-social Earth Pony Mercenary)
Stone as Draz (Zebra Shaman)
Tylertoon as Smooth Tongue (Unicorn Merchant)

The rumble of explosions was near constant as the large warframe engaged the few conscious members of the party.  The two attacks they had made against it had only dinged the armor of the large red and black machine with white LC-5 painted on it's upper torso.  In less than a minute it had subdued half the party and covered half the battlefield in thick pink smoke it had no issues moving in.  The two shots put into the machine had done nothing more than blister the paint and break a camera or two.  

Sneaking closer Alouette, Draz and Gravel tried to find some method to sneak past the large war robot and rescue the party members.  This went well enough at first as the LC-5 left them twice but both times denied Alouette a chance to sneak close enough to wake them by poor positioning.  As the renaming party members scrambled to come up with a plan, 12 rounds after the alarm was first sounded another set of large steps was heard getting closer.  Shortly before two sprite bots arrived spreading out to find the remaining intruders.

Alouette tried again and again to sneak closer without seeming to have any clear plan.  She some what knew where her party members were but was unable to find the way to come at them from the north.  The south offered a covered approach with a hill to duck behind while the north offered walls and several heaps of scrap to break sight lines.  Alouette was stuck being perfectly quiet but totally unable to cross twenty feet of open ground to get to the piled up unconscious bodies of Smooth Tongue, Flashpoint and Akapesh.

Then the sprite bots arrived, hunting the ruins for the remaining intruders.  Changing tactics the party tried downing the sprite bots to allow them to outflank the LC-5 again.  It might have worked had not the second war robot arrived.  Tall and seemingly some what spindly it never the less mounted what looked like Gauss cannons capable of taking down dragons on it's shoulders.  Not having any wish to tangle with one overly large war machine a second one was to much to consider so the party decided to retreat and come at this from another angle.

And much like the initial encounter things went south in a hurry as an unexpected sprite bot turned the corner on Draz and combat began again.  
Lasers and rifle fired answered each other as the new robot painted with a DC-5 and a blue on black color scheme sat back watching the unconscious ponies as sprite bots and the LC-5 advanced.  Combat as before was fast and one sided as the LC-5 shrugged off return fire and advanced closer by the second.

Meanwhile Flashpoint, who was nothing if not a tough pony had managed to struggle awake minutes before the other ponies, her attempts at waking them were wasted and scrambling out of the pile of ponies disloged items and caused all sorts of noises the large machine standing ten feet away seemed to ignore.  That all changed when despite for a weapon that would work on armor Flashpoint tried to rig up a crude satchel charge consisting of every scrap of explosives Smooth Tongue was carrying.  This would have worked had a botched roll not resulting the contents of the entire bad spilling across the ground, tinkling, pinking and bounce and drawing the attention of the DC-2 above him.... Flashpoint ran.

Above Alouette a wall detonated as a solid 40mm shell flew through it try to hit Draz but missed both of them dropping the odd bit of masonry on their heads.  Giving up on the remaining party members for now they all ran, looking to meet up on the edge of the town.

Diving into the tunnel that the DC-2 came from Flashpoint ran without purpose but dedicated to getting cover between herself and the large robot behind her.  In the end it bought her another six seconds before two pop-up miniguns fired a storm of lead down the tunnel and shreading Flashpoint.  Bleeping out she collapsed in the tunnel.

In the town things went south fast as Draz ducked behind a wall and Gravel took cover nearby another wall section.  On the LC-5 a chance was see as it triple fired 40mm grenades to detonate above the Pegasus and Zebra.  Alouette had just enough time to turn to look at the source of the latest set of explosions only to find as the smoke cleared both Draz and Gravel were on the ground and motionless.  

She ran

Not far but quicker than sprite bots following after her, the ground cover helped her break contact and go to ground and she was able to look on as the LC-5 stomped twice around the settlement before falling back to the cave entrance she had seen. Still not willing to give up she moved forward one last time sneaking into town. Silent as a ghost she passed strange orange painted pony shaped machines wearing metal hats of all things which seem to be gathering up the destroyed sprite bots from the earlier fight and moving them for purposes unknown. Sneaking past each in turn it was one again an unlucky turn that found her face to visual sensor with another sprite bot which quickly sounded the alarm a third time. With no choice she ran as the building next to her detonated as 40mm shells slammed into.

Running again to the brush she spent half an hour waiting until things calmed down again... except things were not calm, instead a line of Sprite bots was forming ten feet apart a dozen wide as each sprite bot maked very obdivous search patters in the brush. They were still looking for her and with no other option she consulted her map for the nearest shelter finding that Chalk was less than a day and made her way across the broken sand in search of a town she had heard of but never seen. A town she had been warned about twice and one which sat outside Equestria pre-war boundaries. Darkness was falling as she arrived in a shallow crater which backed onto a large rock where sat perched what looked more like a war camp considering the sandbags and barbed wire. A third up the rock a second camp seem to be set or at least smoke was coming from that area. The moon was just starting it's rise as she arrived at what her pipbuck told her was the settlement of Chalk.

Elsewhere
Flashpoint came to again, everything hurt she was obviously stripped of all her armor and she could barely move it hurt so much. She tried to struggle to her hooves and ended up on the floor instead.

Gravel came to in fine spirits as if waking from a deep sleep. It was not until laser burns itched and the lack of the familiar weight of his equipment dawned him he realized his surroundings. Metal walls and exposed pipes said stable but the color was all... wrong. To bright and to dark everything in here felt like something so clean it's the clean of having never been used... until he looked down and saw the rust on some of the equipment and a lose flooring tile. The sound of a pony body slamming into floor jerked him back to the present as he saw Flashpoint who's faceplant into the floor had woken him fall over on her side. He hopped to his hooves and gently put her back on the bed she had fallen from.

Draz had been pacing the white room for several minutes before he shock Akapesh awake. The spirits seemed.... silent and yet uneasy at the same time. The contrast was driving him to distraction as he heard quick snatchs of muted whispers followed by a feeling of being alone only for them to return to whisper again and then leave. Akapesh had no better idea why the spirits were acting as such but unlike Draz he carefully looked around not for spirits but for equipment picking out two cameras and the cell door... and the metal face in a pony shape staring at them from the glass viewing port.

Next door Gravel gave up on waking Smooth Tongue for the moment as he find that they in fact had not lost everything, piled up in front of his bed were various posses that were nonviolent. His medical case was present even if everything but bandages had been removed. Smooth Tongue bags were folded neatly even if empty of everything but his groom kits and the neatly wrapped bottles of wine in his saddlebags. Also present seem to be that book he had never gotten around to reading and several memory orbs Smooth had picked up but only viewed once or twice or not at all.

Behind him Flashpoint faceplanted as she decided the other side of the bed might be lower than the first side and thudded into the ground again.

Next week (maybe) Alouette explores Chalk trying to gather resources or possibly help(maybe) or just some information (maybe) or why few ponies go to Chalk(Oh yeah she's gonna learn why). While the ponies in jail may learn who holds them(Likely) why they are alive (maybe) or perhaps even escape or die trying! (maybe)

We are in the home stretch here ponies, one day till someone has to pay the griffons a thousand caps to keep protecting Meadow's Ford or Cross is free to break contract and might just start looting the town herself to save nothing of the Black Tails, the Tribals or Outside Bet and his ponies taking advantage of either side to make out like bandits. It could all break open this session or we could be on the long road to make the best of a bad situation.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue May 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Could we please have XP updates?

Also, is everyone ok with 5/18/14 being the next session? This being based on Tyler being the limiting factor (Sunday only at the moment). Also, could everyone create a Google Calendar and send it to me for future session planning? Again, I know some of us are ok with any day barring extra circumstances, but it would be nice to have this stuff on hand.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed May 14, 2014 11:38 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Could we please have XP updates?

Also, is everyone ok with 5/18/14 being the next session? This being based on Tyler being the limiting factor (Sunday only at the moment). Also, could everyone create a Google Calendar and send it to me for future session planning? Again, I know some of us are ok with any day barring extra circumstances, but it would be nice to have this stuff on hand.
Session 17 and Session 18

XP and Loot List
Level 6 is 15,000 xp

Akapesh (Zebra Alchemist)=   15,660 xp
8x Spritebot MK I (8x90xp) 360xp
2x Y-Class Bot (2x150xp) 300xp
Survived L-Class Warframe 500xp
Gained a level

Gravel Sky (Throwback Pegasus) = 15,000xp
sv_cheats
sv_setlevel 6
Level set to 6

Alouette (Mute Unicorn Musician)= 16,510xp
Escaped L-Class Warframe 1000xp
RP  300xp
Gained a level

Flashpoint (Anti-social Earth Pony Mercenary) = 16,510xp
RP  300xp

Draz (Zebra Shaman)= 15,360xp
RP  300xp
Gained a level

Smooth Tongue (Unicorn Merchant)= 16,060xp
Gained a level

I noticed halfway through this I had not yet replaced Back Draft with Gravel, huh.
Level 7 is 21,000 xp
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 15, 2014 12:58 am

It's been slightly amusing, but I figured you had your reasons so I kept quiet. 

Alright, I've updated my character sheet. Took a perk to let me use my guns, if I ever get them back, better. Guns are at 70, and I evened out some of my other skills. Probably should have put those points into other skills but I don't think I'm going to be shooting or sneaking a whole lot next session.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu May 15, 2014 6:44 pm

So XP for all, levels for all and we are set for Sunday. Do we want 8pm EST or an hour earlier or later?
And remember surprise family visits are not to be tolerated.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Really don't see why I'm that important in the next session. Unless you'd allow a small retcon for me to try and reinvade the caves.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu May 15, 2014 10:22 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Really don't see why I'm that important in the next session. Unless you'd allow a small retcon for me to try and reinvade the caves.
Chalk has been built and is inhabited. You might or might not be able to directly help the party there. Depends on how good your Lassie impression is.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 pm

8pm would work best, I work until 7:15 or so.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 15, 2014 10:37 pm

SK, you are required to be there if for no other reason than so we don't have to fill you in on details later. And as Adder says, you could very well help out if all goes well.

I hope Tyler has planned out what he's going to say when he's hauled off for interrogations. Provided there are any. Hell, I've been going off that whoever captured us is going to haul us out of the room one by one for answers.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 15, 2014 11:27 pm

"What's that Alouette? Gravel fell down the well? Well why the **** doesn't he just fly up?"
Once again, I'll try to make it on time, give or take half an hour. XD
And Chalk feels suspicious. Will first scout, then possibly approach the town.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun May 18, 2014 10:00 am

With less than 10 hours before game time, we ARE having a session tonight right?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun May 18, 2014 10:06 am

Moodyman90 wrote:With less than 10 hours before game time, we ARE having a session tonight right?
We are having a session if I had to talk queitly to myself from 8pm EST to midnight
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun May 18, 2014 11:04 am

Well it won't be to yourself cause short of surprise hospital visit or an EMP knocking out the power and the generator I'm sure as hell going to be here and online for it tonight.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun May 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Hey guys, my Internet's down until further notice, so go on and do tonight without me.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun May 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Gravel Sky, Shift Supervisor!

I fear for what that truly means....
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon May 19, 2014 1:40 am

So the quick recap?
The Gang (Gravel, Flashpoint and Smooth) woke up in an infirmary where their wounds were not really treated so much as duck taped back in place. Flashpoint was literally fully broken as in every limb crippled and at 1 HP. Flashpoint and Smooth were not that much better off. They spent time futzing around with the cameras trying how to figure out how to get out of the room.

Draz and Akapesh woke up in a padded cell, when Draz asked for medical care they got gassed with a anesthetic.

Alouette ended up in Chalk and started trying to raise money to hire some mercs to free her friends.

By the end of the evening Gravel had made it big as "Shift Supervisor" to the Facility, had a shinny new suite a big desk and a personal assistant. He also had a shock collar and armed guards watching his every move.

Smooth Tongue was a Pharmacist and was busy trying to swipe the entire pharmacy and escape his armed guards and locked in the room.

Flashpoint had been fallen and hit her head twice, been beaten unconscious with a magazine once and was the new Facility Psychologist.

Draz had been "volunteered" to teach the future generations of ponies about the evils of zebras and had been given a very large room to himself by the Facility machine.

TL:DR five members of the party are trapped in a Equestrian army bunker of some kind, they have seen ponies possibly from Meadow's Ford and have been slotted into new career assignments/prisons and Cross wants payment by end of day to keep watching Meadows Ford. However 5 of 6 of them are in jail but hey it's a new day, everyone gets a good nights sleep for once except Aonee who was drugged up and left in his cell.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon May 19, 2014 6:52 pm

I'll be home in two hours then I'll be getting on to get the recap up today.
However I need to know are we thinking session this week or next?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon May 19, 2014 8:44 pm

As I posted before, from May 28th until the 13th I'm gone on annual training and won't be in much contact (if any). I'd like to get at least one more session in.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 19, 2014 10:13 pm

So it's this weekend or bust before we lose Stone for a little over two weeks.

And seeing how Draz has gotten himself a performance role now, pretty sure we need Stone.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Cptadder wrote:Flashpoint had been fallen and hit her head twice, been beaten unconscious with a magazine once and was the new Facility Psychologist.  

Flashpoint is a... she? I was not aware of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 19, 2014 11:14 pm

My dear Last, there's a lot you may not be aware of in this RP. That was one of the best kept secrets of the RP actually.

And Alouette was actually behind it all.  Spike
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon May 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Session 19:Citadel

The Players (PC)
Aonee as Akapesh (Zebra Alchemist)
Moodyman90 as Gravel Sky (Throwback Pegasus) - Shift Supervisor/Boss
OneMoreDaySK as Alouette (Mute Unicorn Musician)
Obs as Flashpoint (Anti-social Earth Pony Mercenary) - Psychologist
Stone as Draz (Zebra Shaman) - Head of Community Outreach
Tylertoon as Smooth Tongue (Unicorn Merchant) -Pharmacist

This land was not what Alouette was expecting.  She had passed one or two structures gleaning in the brightness of sunlight that had been with her since leaving the mountains.  The lack of the omnipresent cloud cover was a change for the filly.  If she turned her head she could look back and see the sharp line where the mountains ended and the cloud cover faded away into nothing.  Out here was sand, stone and heat.  Odd sounds in the distance being the only thing to break up the sound of wind across the dirt and sand.  Ahead of her was a narrow trail leading into a box canyon at the other end of which two settlements were set into the stone wall of the canyon.  One was much farther up the cliff and seemed smaller, the other larger encampment was made obvious by the sun glinting off metal roofs and the tiny dots of distant figures moving.  After her party was taken she had come here looking for supplies and prehaps help, the trip back to Cross would take to long and there was Blood-wing to consider.

Elsewhere Smooth Tongue and Gravel Sky prowled around the room they had been locked into.  A pony shaped robot of unknown design was staring through a porthole in the door at them while two cameras sat in corners of the hall with a third above the door slowly panning back and forth.  Flashpoint was unconscious again leaving the two of them to plan.  A quick check of the room found four obvious medical machines of some kind with a 5th spare one sitting in the corner by one wall under plastic.  A quick check of the floor found it was tiles over a raised floor where cables were visible.  A grate nearby opened onto a drainage pipe around six inches across... far to small to move down.  The two of them put their heads together and considered their options.

In a white padded room Draz was staring at cameras and trying to figure out how to block the lenses as they were the only things in the cell aside from Akapesh that he could break.  He had already decided to cause as much trouble as possible as quickly as possible in hopes of getting released.  Before starting on plan Smash he decided to try the robot again.  After a few attempts it came close enough for it to hear him.  His first attempt at negotiation ended with both Zebras getting gassed by the cell and Akapesh losing consciousness.  

More to come with sleep.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Session 19 Part 2:Citadel

They say the threat of being hanged tomorrow focuses one attention wonderfully.  Smooth and Gravel were not sure they were in for a hanging but the knowledge that they were trapped, unarmed and Flashpoint was badly hurt focused their attention.  They had memory orbs, books, magazines, saddlebags and the entirety of Smooth Tongue's compact grooming kit.  Besides that they had next to nothing to work with but the contents of the room they were in and what they had on them.  They had to escape but how?
(DM note:I told them anything not allowed on a commercial airliner in America had been taken)

In a white padded room Draz was feeling better.  The anesthetizing gas had drained out of the room a few minutes ago and fresh oxygen had flooded in.  He was naked, his entire collection of bones and zebra paraphernalia had been taken. Akapesh was in a similar state and unconscious to boot.  If there was going to be escape it would have to be from him alone.  He had no idea where he was or how long it had been out.  Nor did he know where any other pony from his group was.  His only possible chance was either damaging the room or talking to the guard robot staring at him...  Draz took his chances on the robot since plan Smash Everything was a great fallback plan.

Alouette had draw closer to Chalk able to follow an unmarked but well used path through the detritus of the valley.  She could see long low buildings on top of the cliffs on all sides, all sorts of things had fallen or been tossed into this canyon sans dumping ground.  There were entire sky carriages which were nothing but twisted wrecks of rusted metal. Shinny shipping containers broken open provided spots of color as the protection spells woven into them keep the containers paint intact even as the contents rotted or were looted.  Everywhere Alouette turned there were acres of garbage most of it metal most rusted or corrupted.  One or two spots of heaped barrels she detoured around thanks to the bright rainbow color and the burnt smell marking what could be industrial chemicals or Taint.  She was not going to take a sip to determine which ooze pool was which.  Chalk loomed ahead of her on top of the rise at the far end of the valley, it was less than 300 meters wide but it had walls... and watchers on those walls standing on two bent legs with horns poking out of beaten metal helms.   The sight of Minotaurs was an odd one in the wasteland, the sight of half a dozen walking the walls clad in metal armor with what looked like 20mm rifles was even odder.

Across the room Gravel had decided on Plan E for Try everything.  Pounding on the door had gotten nowhere, neither he nor Smooth Tongue knew what the medical equipment did and unlike Smooth Tongue he felt fine without a shower despite finding one.  While Smooth tongue got out his combs, brushes and decorative soaps to take a long hot shower he was looking over the equipment to see if there was anything to hack or cross wire or looked flammable... anything! In desperation he turned back to the bundle of cables he had found under the deck tile that had been pried up when he woke up in the room.  He knew the red cable was power, the yellow cables was for data or signals but the blue cable was new.  As Smooth Tongue was drying off there was a groan from the bed where Flashpoint had been placed.

Flashpoint woke up to find Gravel trying to pry up decktiles on the floor and Smooth Tongue getting out of the shower.  She awkwardly got to her feet shaking off her injuries as best as possible to exam the room.  White floor beige walls... were was all of her stuff?  Oh wait no there were her saddle bags at the foot of the bed and... a single memory orb and nothing else inside... who had her guns?  Her knives?  Her knife gun?  She had wanted a gun that shot knives to but she had never gotten around to getting one and now everything was gone, her caps what few she had were intact but everything else?  Her armor?  Shotguns?  Other shotgun?  Her robot armor/plasma cutter?  Her pointed stick?  They had even taken the switch blade she kept to scratch her name into things!  Oh someone was going to pay for this... and why was Gravel breaking a bottle?

Gravel decided to keep on trying Plan E.  He took a glass shard and began cutting cables.  The data cable cut went easily and one of the computers in the room started beeping.  The power cord went easily as well, the machine stopped beeping and seemed to turn off.  Well that told him something, as he crossed the room to look at it the door in slid open behind him.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue May 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Session 19 Part 3:Citadel

Outside in the mining settlement Gravel had seem a similar robot.  It had not engaged him or given the alarm then and it ignore him now as it and two other robots pushed into the room.  It was light orange and pony shaped with green what could be called eyes on a four hooved frame and looked to be wearing a metal hat.  A second look spotted the fact the hat was build directly into this robopony's head along with several panels and patches that looked like storage or access ports.  It shouldered past him without a sideways look at him to get at the cables he had just cut.  It quickly and quietly put one metal hoof over the cable and Gravel watched as the hoof split open to reveal a half a dozen small insect like grippers quickly rewire the cut cable.  That done it removed a small jar of some form of a sealant and quickly patched the two cable half's back together.  It turned and quietly left the room it's job done in less than a minute.  As the door closed Gravel noticed with a start one of the two other robots had remained in the room and was watching him... well staring at him more like.

As it happened down another nearby hallway Draz had draw one of his two guards close enough they could exchange words through the thick door. The robot pony stood a head taller than normal ponies and was thick around the middle.  Dark grey plating with yellow lines traced back from the robots blank metal face, it's stance screamed guard and a white SC-10 was painted on it's side like a cutie mark.   It had spoke first saying simply I see you Zebra Scum and things had only gotten better from there.  His questions about where he was, what was going on why he was being held and a dozen other had returned either silence or No Zebra Scum with one Unable to locate valid response! in a sharp metallic voice unlike the voice the robot normally used of some amped up hyper patriotic pony.  Something about it's answers with bothering him then with a start he grasped it... the robot only responded to yes/no questions and only very direct questions.  Philosophical or mentally challenging questions were either ignored or responded to in the negative.  Hitting on an idea Draz began asking a series of questions to test his hypothesis.

In the other room Smooth Tongue more familiar with negotiations had already grasped what Draz was now just finding out.  Their robot was average pony hit with a white metal mane running down it's head with a dark grey body with golden lines and red eyes making up it's otherwise blank metal face.  After asking a few probing questions Smooth Tongue had gotten it's limitations.  Yes generated I think so, No was Of course not and unsure was Please rephrase request.  Having something to talk to Smooth and Gravel talked out questions while Flashpoint was accidentally distracting it as she demanded to know where her weaponry was and a dozen other questions it simply could not answer.  

Meanwhile Draz was enjoying a fine meal of preserved peaches, Akapesh was awake and enjoying what looked like fruit salad.  He had grasped what Smooth and Gravel had not, these were not AI or robobrain ponies.  These were decision tree limited VI style robots.  They could interpret orders and provide the appearance of something between dog and pony level intelligence.  However this was a sham as these robots were decision based, if their programers had added an if then command for this situation they fared well, if not then they defaulted to do nothing or might pick a response at random.  Therefor while the prisoners could be fed and were required to be fed a certain number of times per day.  But it was not meal time so feeding them was not allowed... but they had been captured today which meant that technically they were due a breakfast and lunch... which Draz had grasped meant he could not be brought food... but he could be brought TO the food.  They had not been allowed free but with breakfast and lunch prepared and left on a table both Zebras had eaten well.  The only question was how to capitalize on their situation...  By accident Akapesh took the decision out of their hands, when the plates were clean the robots programing indicated this meant there was no further need for them to be in this level's kitchen and looking through the tree found the default... prisoners belong in their cells.  A new set of cells it seemed and a new set of possibilities... if their programing had been broken once it might be again.

Chalk
Alouette arrival in Chalk was an anticlimactic, there was a town all right with about half a dozen minotaurs watching her the last half mile.  The gates had been guarded by a off white pony who was clearly drunk.  He introduced himself as Sheriff Berry and he was in charge of this town he told Alouette as he leaned back in the shade of the wall on a rickety chair in front of an even rougher looking table.  Despite the drunkenness of the Sheriff the Minotaur on the wall above was watching her carefully.  After a bit of question and banter Alouette learned the basics... this was low Chalk and fine to visit.  If you get in a fight and your lucky we will throw you out otherwise we (The Minotaurs) will kill you.  If you go to High Chalk without a reason the guards will shoot you.  If you have a reason they will give you a banner to let the guards know not to shoot you.  Have fun in Chalk.

The town itself was cramped into a dozen shipping containers made into homes, hotels, storage areas and shops.  A quick walk around Chalk revealed a half dozen notables.  A greasy used wagon salespony was Chatters the local merchant.  Ernset and Ella were gryphon mercs for hire 70 caps to hire one of them per day with 100 caps to hire both of them per day.  Any job longer than a week doubled their rates.  Keller was another smilier but he had a steady stream of scavengers and wasteland ponies stopping by his shipping container with strange items for the Zebra to inspect.  Some he bought himself others he simply inspected, one she saw a pony seeming to just be coming for advice on something.  Elsewhere she found a gray haired and clearly drunk Minotaur who happen to be named Big Horn who it seemed look after the towns water supplies and loudly boasting of testing every batch of bathtub hooch for quality.  He technically ran the bar with Chatters, but it looked more like he simply did his drinking on the other side of the metal bar and sold the odd drink while a harried pony with a wild look in his eyes acting as the actual barkeep.

Alouette know she needed help and figured the gryphons would be a good place to start. She might be able to hire them and they might know something about the mine town she had escaped from.

Meanwhile Smooth Tongue and Gravel had failed utterly and Flashpoint had done a header of a table and knocked herself out again trying to block up a camera with bedsheets.  They were also hungry but had no knowledge of Draz's lucky leap in logic and the robots trapped them in the decision loop that food would be brought at dinner some hours off but it was not diner.  And religious affiliation did not affect meals times despite Smooth Tongue's best efforts.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed May 21, 2014 12:53 am

Session 19 Part 4:Citadel
Side note not until I started writing that did I realize this was five hour session.  The time just flew by and before I knew it was one in the morning.

Alouette began negotiations with Ella and Ernest
Smooth Tongue and Gravel were deep in plan E trying anything they could think of
And the Zebras?

The cells Draz and Akapesh were brought to were interesting in that the doors of each cell did not seem to have external or internal locks and slid open at a touch.  There was two double occupant cells and a single four occupant cell in the narrow room that did not look to be a purpose built jail or stockade.  These seem to be storerooms converted for the purpose rather than a dedicated prison.  By who or when was academic as the door back into the hallway was guarded by more of the SC robots.  More evidence of the limited intelligence the rooms were bare of storage but the beds were standard metal frame beds easy to take apart to make blunt weaponry and cameras was limited to two both pointed at each other within easy reach.  There was even a terminal sitting on one of the three tables in the exterior of this store room.  Akapesh went over confident of being able to hack any Stable tech software.  The Royal Equestrian Army computer however bounced him hard on his first attempt and locked itself down.  Draz attempts to hack it by hitting it very hard resulted in a broken keyboard and little else.  The waiting game seemed like the best idea at this point to both Zebras.  Dinner might offer another chance at escape.

When the MC-11 robo pony had been mined for as much information as Smooth and Gravel could think of in yes no questions they turned back to escape.  The only problem is the only idea they had was the one they used before which was breaking things in hopes that more and possibly smarter robots showed up.  While Smooth Tongue engaged the MC-11 in more conversation it was up to Gravel to start breaking things quickly and quietly.  He started with cutting wires and within seconds had zapped the heck out of himself.  The sound of the zap and the amount of profanity convinced Smooth Tongue it was time to abandon subtly.  All efforts at stealth gone Smooth Tongue grabbed one of the glass shards up and used Unicorn telekinesis to start cutting things up wires, tossing blankets over Cameras and as he got ready to turn over a table two guards moved in silently and quickly into the room.  They pointed weapons and indicated Smooth Tongue was to follow them.  His goal met he went with them quietly giving a nod to Gravel as he put Flashpoint back to bed and nodded back at Smooth.

In Chalk Alouette was having a time of it.  Price negotiations had gone extremely poorly, Chatters was offering I'm robbing you sell prices and the gryphon had been unmoved by the traditional cute sad filly method.  She wanted help?  She better have caps end of story.  However...
... while the negotiations on price had gone poorly the information she had gathered was very useful.  It seems Ernset knew about the Mine but said it had been picked cleans decades ago with the mine itself blocked off.  When she spoke of giant robots and swarms of Mecha sprites she was out and out laughed at.  Even Keller who had been listening in to the conversation as his crate was just around the wall from the gryphons said he had visited the mining settlement six months ago and seen nothing out of the ordinary.  She learned also that an intact Raptor chassis had been found by high Chalk minotaurs and sold to the last caravan going through Chalk three days ago.  There had been argument on the sell price which had come close to violence but in the end the deal had been struck and the caravan departed for Westwall even if the entire craft was just a bare hull it had taken up four wagons to move and then only with multiple unicorns helping.

The last and most important tidbit was simple, Ernest knew Bloodwing.  The two had pulled a job together for "The Colonel" as Ernset called him descriping an envirosuit wearing odd pony Alouette had seen traces of twice before and she got an exact timeline on the last great Meadow's Ford threat... twenty years ago a Ghoul husband and wife team had threaten the town raising a army of Feral Ghouls as the two together had been able to keep hundreds of ferals in line and docile.  The threat had been put down and the town saved by two ponies and a pair of gryphon brothers named Bernard and Delmer.  Two years or so ago Ernset had gotten together with Bloodwing on a mission with "The Colonel" that had been only moderately difficult.  The job had been part mission part interview and both gryphons it seem had failed it but the Colonel had recorded a recommendation for Bloodwing anyway but given Ernset nothing but the basement payment and his small cut of the scavenging missions finds.  After that they had split paths with Bloodwing worked places but his aggressive nature getting him kicked out of the nicer settlements before Bloodwing had gotten his own band of cast offs together hoping to make a Mercenary group to rival the Talons or at least get big enough they payed him caps to go away or sign on under the Talon flag.  A year after putting the group together he had instead gone Raider.

Still trying to process everything Alouette decided the simplest thing to do was try to make caps fast hire the two Grpyhons to help her find her friends and hopefully enough evidence of Meadow's Ford residents still being alive to convince Cross to give them another day or three.  With that goal in mind she went to Keller who handled the town's job's board to find a way to make caps fast enough to hire the two before nightfall.

In a room
The hallways Smooth Tongue traveled down were odd, they were stable tech materials but stripped back to the minimum.  Arched and curved pressure doors with simple flat metal planes, deck tiles were solid color rather than pattered or with geometric designs.  This looked more and more like a bunker than a odd stable which is what Smooth Tongue had assumed.  As they passed by small communal gathering rooms Smooth Tongue knew it had to be military... no civilian would tolerate the sleeping bunks with nothing more than a privacy curtain built directly in the walls of a hallway they walked down.  Maybe on a passenger train but not in a made to be lived in for centuries stable.  

The room they dragged him into sent his mane on edge, few rooms have giant slowly rotating generators humming with power and using raw magic as a fuel source as shapes twisted weirdly in the thickly shielded metal squat structure.  In the corner a large control panel with yet another robot design standing in front of it.  This one was different however... a dim purple color it was obviously designed on Ministry Mare Twilight.  The colors where similar there was a Ministry of Magic mark on it's flank right above a large white TC-1 numbered like all the other robots in here Smooth had seen.   As the guards pushed him to a stop the purple robot addressed him informing him there were rules and those who break rules and hurt efficiency did not last long.  It did not sound like a threat but a simple statement... if then at it's heart.  But this robot seem far more intelligent than the other robots.

Smooth Tongue used this quickly pushing past his little destruction spree to question TC-1 on efficiency and how he could be more efficient.  TC was shocked by this... hadn't Smooth been to training?  Gone to school?  When TC-1 tried to pull records on a "Smooth Tongue" it found to it's shock that not even basic aptitude tests had been done on the white unicorn yet... how could he know what his job is or work diligently at it if he did not even have one yet?  Smooth Tongue took advantage of this confusion to get what little information out of TC-1 as he could but it mostly ignored him as it was annoyed or maybe even distressed by the failure for Smooth Tongue to complete the tasks a foal of one should have done long ago.  

Five minutes later Smooth Tongue was bundled out, his past infractions forgotten with orders to the guards to report directly to Facility Testing to determine his next career.  There he met Gravel who likewise had been dragged out of his room and bundled up and put in the same classroom.  By mutual agreement they decided to quickly take the test and see where this would take them as if the robots were offering jobs that meant prison might be behind them... who know what possibilities would open up?  

Ten questions please answer A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H or I to each of the ten questions and answer as you would do in this situation.
Question 1. If you were to come another pony late for their shift and they were asleep you would...
Question 2. You have discovered your fellow supervisor is taking time off from work to iniate an liaison with a junior member of his team.  In response to this you..
Question 3. Oh, no! You've been exposed to radiation, and a mutated hoof has grown out of your stomach! What's the best course of treatment?
Question 4. You hear another resident is interested in you. If you want to attract their attention you would..
Question 5. Your bunk mate has been keeping you awake at night, to resolve the situation you will...
Question 6......

Meanwhile Flashpoint was having a dream... a terrible dream of Fire and pain and a Burning Mare that saw her, knew her and hated her...  She shook quietly in her latest concussion induced sleep.

In Chalk Alouette had found enough odd jobs and a lucky quick escort mission from a few minotaurs who wanted a scout on a night trip to hire the Gryphons. She would finish this job then hire the two Gryphons first thing in the morning to go save her friends! Assuming she survived the mission that is..

Flashpoint awoke with robots standing over her to take her somewhere. The last lingering vision of the Burning Mare standing by her bedside watching her filled her with dread. The last thing she wanted to do was follow some stupid robots and she was not going to.... whatever screw the robots lets go I don't want to be in here anymore.

In a classroom two floors up chalk on the slates was set down and the answers were processed by two robots labeled IC-1 and IC-5. A small burst of confetti was authorized as Smooth Tongue was going to be the Facility Pharmacist! The robots hustled him out to his new place of work which in fact was a... fully stocked Pharmacy... so many drugs so many caps worth of drugs but not medical supplies. No doctors bags or healing pots but he had two bins of buck... enough to last the average junkie ten lifetimes or a super junkie a single lifetime perhaps eighty to a hundred thousand caps worth of medicine in this one room! If only the nice robots would let him leave.... Could he use the Pharmacy computer to assign the drugs to himself as his own patent? His attempt to assign the entire Pharmacy to himself hit a roadblock as it needed a sign off from some O level personnel whoever they were... what about one drug? Okay there is fourteen dozens of buck a single week supply the most he can assign himself. How about a second drug, it lets him... but at the third a roadblock as a deadly drug interaction is detected. Smooth Tongue knows with him he can figure this out but he's afraid he might have that time.

At the same time as Smooth Tongue is trying his hoof at becoming his own dealer it's on Gravel to check out his new office as he's the First morning Shift Supervisor. The office is nice, the desk is huge and amazing looking. The stylish clothing set out to his measure as amazing. Gravel feels his speech will be more trustworthy wearing clothes this fine and expensive looking. It might get him robbed but they are so nice looking... and the desk is so huge and is it mahogany? And look he was a wonderful window view, is that a personal assistant bot? Gravel looks over this place and realizes he's got it made! And all he has to do is supervise a shift? A shift of what? Deciding to look around more Gravel goes to his windows to see a large cave beyond... and down below the form of sixty or seventy ponies working with hand tools to carve out the cave for either raw materials or simple expansion. He may have just found a large number of the residents of Meadow's Ford.

Elsewhere Flashpoint is hitting a robot in the face with a rolled up magazine after it bopped her in the nose with another rolled up magazine for trying to cheat at the career test. After ten minutes of making no impression and the rolled up newspaper to the nose method not having the achieved the desired robot. IC-1 decides to move to option two and punch Flashpoint.
Ten minutes later Flashpoint wakes up tied to the desk with a slate in front of her nose and her entire body sans one hoof is tied to the desk. The free hoof has a piece of chalk tied in place to it. Already regretting it Flashpoint tries to take the test.

Thirty minutes later Flashpoint desk and all is dumped into her new office. Answering at random the Facility is proud to welcome it's new Psychologist. They even put her name on the door.

In Chalk Alouette settles in, the Gryphons will be ready in the morning, caps have changed hands and traveling at night is crazy. In the morning she's going back to find out what happen to her friends and that's all there is to it. This time she's brought rather nasty friends and she has a plan for the next time a giant stompy robot shows up and it's a little better than shot it and run.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed May 21, 2014 12:54 am

XP and loot hopefully tomorrow
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed May 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Session 19:Citadel

XP and Loot List
Level 7 is 21,000 xp

Akapesh (Zebra Alchemist)= 15,800 xp
Survived Draz 140xp

Gravel Sky (Throwback Pegasus) = 15,900xp
Cut the red wire 100xp
Took a test 500xp
RP  300xp

Alouette (Mute Unicorn Musician)= 17,710xp
Meet and greet in Chalk 100xp
Escort Mission Successful 400xp
Had a plan succeed 400xp
RP 300xp

Flashpoint (Anti-social Earth Pony Mercenary) = 17,820xp
Rolled a 10 1000xp
Magazine fight! 10xp
RP  300xp

Draz (Zebra Shaman)= 16,700xp
Greeting Mr Zebra 300xp
Got the Zebra's a good meal 240xp
Volunteered 500xp
RP  300xp

Smooth Tongue (Unicorn Merchant)= 17,060xp
Cut all the other wires 200xp
Took a test 500xp
RP  300xp

Loot List

Chalk (Alouette)
Acquired 350 caps (450 caps for the job -100 for hiring the Mercs)
Acquired two temporary followers (DM plays, Alouette orders)

The Facility
Akapesh
Lost all items
has regained nothing

Draz
Lost all items
has regained his armor

Smooth Tongue
lost all weaponry, medical supplies, barding and the like.
regained grooming supplies, books, memory orbs ect.

Gained 1x Pharmacist Uniform

Pharmacist Uniform
DT 2
+5 Speech
+10 Medicine

Flashpoint
Lost all items
Acquired Doctors Uniform (+5 speech, +5 Medicine)
Acquired Doctors Diploma

Gravel Sky
lost all items
Acquired "Perks of the Office"
Acquired CEO outfit

CEO Suit
DT 5
+1 Charisma
+10 Speech
+10 Barter

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 22, 2014 11:09 am

We're good for Sunday again, right everyone?
Also, I hope to pull a Murky soon. Gonna offload some of my extra gear before entering robotown.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content